I don’t know if it is because the weather is getting cooler, but I cannot stop making banana nut bread! I’ve probably made 3-4 batches in the span of two weeks! After recipe testing I finally came up with the ultimate delicious and addicting banana nut bread with a streusel topping! The streusel topping definitely elevates the banana nut bread game, and when you serve it to guests or family members, they will be super impressed! Basically think of it as a coffee cake, but with banana nut bread instead! Like I always say (although it is true), this recipe is easy and pretty much bullet proof! The inside is extremely moist, more than other banana nut breads, and the combination of the crumble on top cannot be beat! Talk about comfort food!! So, let’s get to the recipe because this is the perfect fall and holiday bread!
Banana Nut Bread With a Streusel Topping
This is the ultimate banana nut bread! It is super moist on the inside and the streusel topping takes it to another level! Enjoy this yummy creation!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 65
- Yield: 1 loaf
For the bread:
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of fine salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and smashed with a fork
- big handful of crushed walnuts
For the Streusel:
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
For the Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla, set aside.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until it is fluffy, then pour in the egg mixture and combine.
- Add the bananas that you already mashed together and mix.
- Now add in the flour slowly to the liquid mixture and combine fully.
- Lastly, add in the smashed walnuts, as many as you like. One handful is usually good
- In your baking pan, take a sheet of parchment paper and line the pan, the paper will stay down once you add in the mixture. Add the mixture to the pan.
- Generously sprinkle the streusel topping (see below) all over the top of the batter. Place in oven for 50-55 minutes until the bread and the streusel are lightly browned.
For the Streusel:
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and start crumbling with your hands.
This streusel recipe is super simple, so it allows for improvising. Feel free to add a little extra butter or brown sugar, what ever suits you!
I absolutely have fallen in love with this recipe and I think adding the streusel topping to the banana nut bread really elevates it! Looking for some other fall inspired recipes or comfort food? Check out my peach cobbler , heirloom tomato chili, or my teriyaki glazed salmon!!
Can’t wait for you guys to make this! Let me know what you think in the comments or on Instagram!