Hello!! Welcome to my blog, Dolled Up in theKitchen! My name is Abbie Schulz and I am a total foodie! I am from San Francisco and currently reside there! Ever since I was little I’ve been building my pallet by traveling around the world and always restaurant trying with my parents! Basically, I travel to eat 😉 Experiencing different cultures’ food is one of my favorite things to do! I got into food, because my dad always had me trying interesting foods. He is a world traveler and has probably eaten at every restaurant you can imagine, so he definitely passed on his love of food and trying different foods to me!
I am a very bubbly California girl who shares her stand out recipes and restaurants, while at the same time sharing my love for fashion and how you can look cute while you eat too! Ha! On my blog, I will also be sharing my tips for entertaining guests and hosting dinner parties! I love to be social, and I am always the first to offer to host a dinner party or get together. So I thought I would share with you all my tips and tricks for a successful party filled with lots of food!
I’m the type of person where you can find me at a Michelin starred restaurant one night, and the next at a hole in the wall restaurant eating the best food! My whole theme with my recipes is making delicious food that looks and tastes impressive, but is approachable to make! So your guests will think you spent all day working on dinner, but it will just be our secret that it really wasn’t! 😉
Some fun facts about me!
- My goal is to have my own cooking show and cookbook one day, either on the Food Network or a travel food show like Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown.
- My idols are Ayesha Curry (goals) and Anthony Bourdain (without the drug addiction part lol)
- I am an only child, so my parents and I are best friends. We love traveling together!
- I’m obsessed with Ina Garten…then again who isn’t! She’s adorable!
- I’m happiest in the kitchen and love cooking/entertaining for my family and friends
- I am a huge sports fan! Warriors anyone?
- I will eat anything. Totally down for eating weird cuisines/delicacies
So, go ahead and browse around, food is my passion in life and I definitely want to make your time cooking/eating a fun one! Let me know what you think! Feel free to visit my Instagram for more yummy food!!!