How delicious does this corn and pancetta salad with seared scallops look?!?! This is what I call the perfect summer dinner! It’s light, hearty, delicious, and full of summer veggies….with a little bacon in there 😉 Scallops are actually not that hard to cook, and this salad is so easy to put together and yet it will have you grabbing for second and thirds because it’s that good! Definitely my summer recipe go to!!
Summer Corn and Pancetta Salad with Scallops
This is the perfect summer recipe, as it is light and delicious!
- 4-6 large scallops
- 1 can of corn
- 1/3 cup of chopped pancetta or bacon
- 1 leak, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus, chopped into one inch length
- 5-6 brussel sprouts cut in half
- salt and pepper, 1 tbs of butter
- Starting with the corn salad, in a large skillet on medium high heat sauté the pancetta (no need to add oil).
- Once the pancetta is cooked, 2-3 minutes, add in the asparagus, brussel sprouts, bell pepper, and leak. Continue to sauté in the fat from the pancetta. Add salt and pepper
- Once the vegetables have cooked down, about 5 minutes, add in the corn and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat but leave on stove. In the meantime, take out a small stainless steal pan and put on medium high heat with one tbsp of butter.
- Once butter has melted and the pan is hot (make sure butter is not burning, if it is, turn down the heat), place each scallop down, without touching one another.
- Sauté each side for 2-3 minutes until a nice golden brown color is on the outside. Turn off heat.
- Serve the corn and pancetta salad with the seared scallops on top.
I added a light side salad and some tomatoes and mozzarella for a nice added side.
I am so glad you stopped by and browsed this recipe! It is honestly a crowd pleaser! If you like this, make sure to check out some other summer recipes like: spicy sausage and broccoli pasta, and my peach cobbler! (it’s amazing!).