I love mashed potatoes, I love baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, basically every form of potatoes. But, smashed potatoes are by far my favorite way to make potatoes! Perfectly crisp on the outside and nice and fluffy on the inside. Plus, I love how they are bite size! Makes for a perfect side! This recipe is incredibly easy to make and is packed with flavor! Not to mention, this is the perfect dinner side or appetizer when hosting a party this holiday season! Let’s get to this awesome recipe!
Watch me make these smashed potatoes on my YouTube Channel! Check it out below and subscribe!
Smashed Potatoes with Thyme and Sea Salt
Elevate your potato game with these smashed potatoes! Perfect side dish for your dinner, or appetizer for a party! Super addicting and easy to make!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- 1 bag of rainbow mini potatoes (yukon, red, and purple small potatoes, usually come in a bag together)
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp of butter
- olive oil
- course sea salt or sea salt flakes
- boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until soft when you poke a fork into the potato
- drain the potatoes and let cool for a few minutes, in the mean time, preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spread out the potatoes on a baking dish and using a fork, press down on each potato till it is “smashed” Do not press down too hard that it breaks up the potato, but still firm enough so that it is flat.
- generously drizzle olive oil on the potatoes and break up the two tablespoons of butter and drop the pieces of butter on the baking dish.
- Add course sea salt or sea salt flakes on the potatoes and pepper.
- Lastly, take the thyme leaves (not the stem) and sprinkle on the potatoes.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and crisp.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, plate and sprinkle one last time with course sea salt. Add a few sprigs of thyme for garnish.
This truly is my favorite way to make potatoes! It is so delicious, addicting, and different than any other potatoes! Your guests will love it! If you are looking for another side dish, try my sweet and spicy roasted carrots with goat cheese, or my teriyaki glazed salmon!
Let me know what you think! Either in the comments or on Instagram!