This linguine and clams recipe is probably one of my favorite pasta recipes I have made! I love it so much because it is a nuanced take on your classic linguine and clams! This pasta is tangy, savory, and so addicting! Not to mention very beautiful as well! One night I was just in the kitchen and was experimenting, and came up with this beauty! I added swiss chard to add tang, color, and your healthy dose of vegetables! The slivered almonds were a last second addition, and add a really nice nutty taste! Definitely give this guy a try! The pasta has a very nice light sauce, with a mixture of cheese, so it is extremely decadent.
Linguine & Clams with Swiss Chard
This delicious, tangy, hearty, and addicting pasta is one of my favorite’s of all time! It’s a new take on your classic linguine and clams!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 package of linguine
- 1/2 pound of clams
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, chopped and rinsed(mainly just leaves, a little stem is ok)
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 1/2 lemon juice
- butter, salt and pepper
- Boil two pots of water, one for the pasta and one for the clams.
- Once the water is boiling, steam the clams and add the linguine to the other pot of boiling water.
- Clams can take any where from 3-8 minutes to open.
- In the mean time, take a large skillet and put on medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Once melted add in the swiss chard and sauté with salt and pepper.
- Once the clams are open (discard any that don’t) drain them and add clams to swiss chard, drain and add pasta at the same time.
- Continue to stir and add in one more tablespoon of butter and the 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Add in the 1 cup of cheese and salt and pepper again.
- Lastly, squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon and add the slivered almonds.
- Give one last stir and enjoy! Serve with extra cheese
Can’t wait for you to try this for dinner on a wonderful summer night!! If you liked this pasta recipe, make sure to try my spicy sausage and broccoli recipe. Or maybe you are more of a carbonara pasta person!
Lastly, with this beautiful weather, make sure to try my incredible peach cobbler! Makes for a perfect summer dessert!