Holidays are in full swing, and the next holiday party you show up to, you are going to want to make sure your dessert stands out from the rest. These peppermint bark brownies are the epitome of the holidays and a nice elevated take on regular brownies! They are so beautiful, and the peppermint bark adds a nice crunch to the top of the brownies! Even adding some sea salt flakes adds so much flavor and extra texture! Bring these delicious, chocolatey, and peppermint brownies to your holiday party, and I promise you, you will be the star of the party!
Also, these peppermint bark brownies go perfectly with vanilla ice cream! Yummm!Print
Peppermint Bark Brownies
Elevate your brownies with peppermint bar! It is the perfect holiday dessert!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 brownies
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks (i prefer chunks)
- 1 cup of peppermint bark, crushed
- sea salt flakes, I like Maldon’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, oil, and sugars.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Now mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the same bowl.
- Completely mix all the ingredients and then add in the chocolate chunks and mix again.
- Place batter in a buttered pan and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, put the peppermint bark in a plastic bag and with a rolling pin or hard object, crush the bark till it is broken up into smaller pieces.
- After 30 minutes, take the brownies out and evenly spread the peppermint bark over the brownie mix.
- Place back in the oven and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Let cool and then sprinkle a few sea salt flakes on top. Slice and enjoy with vanilla ice cream!
Feel free to use any brownie recipe you like, although this recipe is pretty awesome! You can even use a box brownie mix, and then just follow steps 7-10.
This recipe is perfection for the holidays, and if you love peppermint bark, then you will love this! Let me know how it turns out in the comments or on my Instagram!