If you know me then you will know that salmon is one of my favorite foods ever! Like ever, I like to joke with my friends that it is my drug of choice! LOL! This meal is honestly the perfect summer dinner, and it is so colorful! It is sweet chili grilled salmon with a purple cabbage, arugula, and stone fruit salad. I paired it with some grilled broccolini (yum) and some marinated skirt steak! I grilled everything except for the salad, but even if grilling is not your thing you can still make this!
Grilled Salmon with Purple Cabbage and Peach Salad
The ultimate summer BBQ dinner! This salmon is also one of the best salmon recipes you can make!
- 2-3 fillets of salmon depending on size of party
- Grama’s sweet chili sauce (best sweet chili sauce out there!)
- 1/2 of a purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of sliced peaches
- 1 cup of sliced white nectarines
- sesame salad dressing (here’s my favorite)
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 fillet of skirt steak
- 1 cup of your favorite teriyaki sauce
- sliced scallions
For the salmon:
- Either the night before or a few hours before, marinate the salmon with the Grama’s Sweet Chili’s Sauce.
- If grilling, get the grill ready and then cook on the grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- If not grilling, find a ribbed pan and put on medium-high heat on the stove. Cook salmon for 3 minutes skin side down then flip and cook on the other side for 3 minutes. Place in 350 degree F oven and cook for 5-7 minutes depending on thickness.
For the salad:
- Chop the cabbage and place in a large bowl. Add in the arugula and sliced stone fruit.
- Add in 2 tbsp of olive oil and about 2-3 tbsp of your favorite sesame dressing and mix everything together.
- Leave in the fridge till ready to serve
For the Broccolini:
- Wash the broccolini and place on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- mix together and either put on the grill with the salmon or roast in a 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes.
For the steak:
- Like the salmon, marinate the skirt steak in your favorite teriyaki sauce the night before or a few hours before.
- It is best to grill skirt or flank steak since it is a tougher piece of meat. Grill for about 5-7 minutes, then garnish with a few sliced scallions.
This is the perfect summer meal and so colorful!!! Hope you love this recipe as much as I do!!