Eggs are my favorite things to eat for breakfast. Doesn’t matter how it is made, I like them every way. What I especially like are things that look impressive and hard to make, but are actually really easy! I love my take on eggs in purgatory, because I add a bit of extra savory and heat to it with the chorizo sausage! This makes it extra hearty! I also really like adding feta cheese, because it adds a nice tangy flavor to the eggs. Serve with toast! Don’t forget to try my roasted carrots with spices and feta cheese too!
Perfect for brunch or breakfast in bed!Print
Eggs in Purgatory with Feta Cheese & Chorizo
The ultimate breakfast in bed or brunch recipe! So easy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2-3
- Cuisine: breakfast
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 sausage chorizos
- feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a cast iron skillet, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once hot, thinly slice or crumble the chorizo and sauté in the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes till just about fully cooked.
- Add in the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Continue to stir, add salt, pepper, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper and 1 tsp of paprika.
- Crack the eggs directly onto the top of the skillet distributed evenly in different places.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top, add more salt, and let simmer on stove for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in oven and cook for 5-8 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs.
- Take out of the oven and top with fresh chopped parsley and a bit more feta cheese.